The People Who Overcame Their Limitations (Acts 1:8)
- Because we do not have authority, we face limitation.
1. We must restore prayer to enjoy Christ.
1) Enjoy this 10 minutes a day during scheduled prayer.
2) Take this into deep prayer.
3) Have the special time of prayer.
2. Pray for things far ahead of time- your future.
3. There are amazing grace and blessings inside Christ!
1) Eph. 4:30, 1 Cor. 3:16 - I will be with you by Spirit.
2) Jn. 14:16-17, 1 Jn. 2:20-27 - God will guide us by His Holy Spirit.
3) Acts 1:8- But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you....
4) Luk. 10:19 - You are given authority to break down the forces of darkness.
5) Rev. 8:3-5 - The angels will work whenever you pray.
6) Acts 1:3 - Then the kingdom of God will be established.
7) Mt. 28:16-20 - God promised that He prepared disciples and then attach them to you.
1. The 7 Remnants overcame their limitations. They saw the power of God that enabled them to transcend their
1) Gen. 41:38 - Pharaoh, a nonbelieve said to Joseph: I never met a man so filled by the Holy Spirit.
2) Ex. 3:18-19 - I will raise my mighty hand; I will be with you. That will be my evidence. The day you put the blood
on the door, you will be able to escape.
3) 1 Sam. 3:19 - Not one of Samuel's words fell to the ground.
4) 1 Sam. 16:13-23 - The Spirit of the Lord came upon David.
5) 2 Kings 2:9 - Elisha asked Elijah for the double portion of his spirit.
6) Is. 6:13 - Isaiah's background.
7) 2 Tim. 2:1 - My son, be strong in the grace of Christ.
2. What will result if you enjoy this? The Early Church had this, while facing persecution!
1) Acts 1:1 - Jesus is the Christ!
2) Acts 1:3 - If you enjoy this blessing, God's kingdom will be upon you.
3) Acts 1:8 - You will be my witnesses!
3. What should we do in our power of reality?
1) Acts 1:14 - Hold onto this prayer and be in the covenant.
2) Acts 2:1 - When the day of the Pentecost come, it will be our greatest answer!
- Passover - salvation.
- Ingathering - heaven.
- Pentecost - power of the present time.
3) Acts 2:42 - The pulpit will be an answer to me. This is recorded as the apostles' teachings!
4) Acts 6:1-7 - 7 people rose as church lay leaders and the blessings spread.
5) Acts 12:1-25 - All apostles were thrown in jail, but the congregation members gathered and prayed.
- God sent a messenger!
Conclusion - The phrase "filling of the Holy Spirit" is not your average word!
1. The strength that an average person can't enjoy is given to you! - Spiritual power.
2. From that, what happens? You see and realize God's plan. - Intellectual power.
3. Our body is healed. - Physical Power.
4. When those three things are restored, our finances follow. - Financial power.
- Be a person to transcend success. Then you will have success!
5. Lastly, manpower will follow!
- We should always pray holding onto these 5 powers.
- Be the evangelist that is guided by the Holy Spirit!