The Will That Prophesize (Josh. 23:1-11)
The Will That Prophesize<p>Josh. 23:1-11</p><p> </p>
1. God is the sovereignty of our lives
1) God who sovereign our past (Josh. 23:3-9)
- Josh. 23:3 - You yourselves have seen everything the LORD your God has done to all these nations for your sake; it was the LORD your God who fought for you.
(1) God existed for you
(2) God worked for you
(3) God fought your enemy for you
(4) God gave the land, Canaan to you
2) God who will sovereign our future (Josh. 23:5,10)
- Josh. 23:5 - The LORD your God himself will drive them out of your way. He will push them out before you, and you will take possession of their land, as the LORD your God promised you.
- Josh. 23:10 - One of you routs a thousand, because the LORD your God fights for you, just as he promised.
3) God who sovereign our present (Josh. 23:6-8)
- Josh. 23:6 - Do not turn aside to the right or to the left.
- Isa. 26:3 - You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.
- Phil. 4:6-7 - Do not be anxious about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
<p>2. The will of Joshua - The secrete of live success</p>
1) Be close to word (verse 6)
- Psalms 119:105 - Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
2) Hold fast to God (verse 8)
- Through prayer (Scheduled and continuous prayer)
3) Love God (verse 11)
- When we leave behind the God who is the sovereign of our lives to our future generation, he who sovereign our past will rule over their future as well.