Gospel and the Sign (복음과 표적) (Mt. 16:1-4)
- We are the main figures for world evangelism. Proclaim the gospel.
1) Who is Jesus? Jesus is the Christ. (Acts 1:1)2) God's kingdom is peace and power. (Acxts 1:3) But people are born with scars (Gen. 3) so they don't have peace.
3) Experience the work of the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:8). Be a witness of Christ.
4) Then you become a devotional person. Only for the work for the Lord. Those that are not devotional have many opinions; and will be attacked by Satan.
5) The 120 people in Mark's Upper Room achieved Oneness.
- We must enjoy the gospel and become devotional people.
1. Live the life of the evangelist (Jesus = evangelist of all evangelists).
1) Even Jesus was tested by the Pharisees. Pharisees advocate legalism and are self-centered. They are not the same as Sadducees- they advocate finances and live only in the present.
2) Pharisees asked Jesus to show them a sign, but Jesus already showed many signs. Jesus' reaction = will only show the signs of Jonah.
- Jn. 20:29 - Jesus blessed Thomas for believeing because he had seen the resurrected Christ.
2. The focus of this message is the teachings of Jesus.
1) v. 3 - the signs of the times. There is a time schedule for everything. God's entire time schedule.
a) This is the age of 2 Tim. 3 - hatred, without love, unforgiving, lovers of money, disobedient to their parents, ...
b) This is the age of Mt. 24 - famine, disaster and war.
=> We are being held by Satan.
- Luk. 19:31
1. Know who is Jesus Christ! Jesus is the Creator God who came in physical form. He was born from a virgin, did his ministry for 33 years and went to heaven and is sitting on the right hand of God.
2. See the time schedule of this age.
3. Be centered in God, your spiritual life.
- Get rid of your thoughts, scars, and motives.
4. Do not lose hold of opportunities to grow spiritually.
- Jesus went away because they couldn't understand him (Mt. 16:4).
- If you want signs, receive the signs of Jonah = the GOSPEL!!!!