May 24, 2015
“Committed worker amidst the crisis”
▶Around 600 BC, the nation of Israel was taken captive by Babylon. Why did this happen? Among the Israelite captives were Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. However, even in Babylon, they received answers to prayer. What did these three young men know that they were able to receive answers even in captivity? What must we do in order to receive God’s answers?
Jesus called His disciples to the Mount of Olives before His ascension and spoke to them about the things pertaining to the kingdom of God for 40 days. If you know this, you can receive answers. He also promised that we would receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on us, and that we would be His witnesses. There is something that God said when the Israelites came out from Egypt. He told them not to make idols and not to bow before other gods. He said that idol worship would lead to the destruction of the third and fourth generations of the family line. Only the Bible tells us not to worship idols. This is what the three young men knew.
▶The Bible emphasizes that there is another important realm besides the one we live in and see. Jesus explained about the kingdom of God for 40 days and then told His disciples to receive the filling of the Holy Spirit.
▶There are three types of people who are within the disasters of the world.
1) I don’t believe in God. That is why I live according to my own thoughts. People who say that God does not exist.
2) Those who are living a religious life, saying that all religions are the same. These people are absolutely seized by Satan.
3) People who do not know the spiritual realms even as they attend church. Never once have they received rest in their souls. They do things according to their own thoughts. That is why they fall deeper into a pit.
▶Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego clearly knew this reason.
▶If we become people who truly communicate with God, true answers will come.
1. A person who knows why these crises came.
1) People who know the worldly culture
▶A person who knows about the spiritual problems before the time of creation, a person who knows why Satan that caused the Ge 3 incident is called the prince of the world, a person who knows the culture of destruction, a person who knows that spiritual problems have no choice but to come because of the idolatrous culture.
2) A person who knows about the disasters that will befall the mighty nations.
3) A person who knows about the hidden problems of the successful individuals.
2. A person who knows that the problems of all the regions of the world, of ancient times, the present, and the future are the same.
1) God granted historic evidence and results to the three young men who refused to worship idols during the reign of Nebuchadnezzar.
2) God gave victory through the confession of faith of the three young men.
3. A person who knows that this great problem is, in fact, not a problem but rather an opportunity to testify of God’s covenant.
1) Witness of the field
2) Witness of Babylon
3) Witness of the world
1) The Bible promised 7,000 things and all of them were brought to fruition.
▶Mt 5:17-18, Is 40:6-8
2) Being taken captive was rightful, inevitable, and absolute.
3) The plain of Dura was a battlefield of spiritual victory.
▶You must take the faith of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego with you. I bless you that you will receive God’s blessing of answers to prayer.
“Daniel who knew death”
▶Daniel was faced with the threat of death in today’s passage, but he knew and challenged. Da 6:10, Even after he knew that the decree had been published.
▶When the nation of Israel faced a great curse under the guise of Egypt, most people, even Moses, only thought about how they would make a name for themselves. Answers could not come. Once Moses opened his eyes and tried to fight the spiritual fight, the Word of God became aligned with his life. During the age of the Philistines, King Saul was in a place where he could not receive answers. However, David confessed that he would fear no evil even though he walked through the valley of the shadow of death because the Lord was with him. This is the path to receive answers. During captivity in Babylon, everyone completely submitted themselves before idols, prostrating themselves before them and worshiping them. However, Daniel praised God and worshiped Him every day.
1. The answer he enjoyed on a regular basis
▶How did Daniel enjoy this blessing?
Da 6:10 “Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.” Da 6:16, 20 – “Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to rescue you from the lions?” King Darius always saw Daniel praying to God.
1) Blessing of the tabernacle
2) Blessing of the temple
3) He prayed before God for the blessings of the church that would come in the future.
2. Something happens, and this becomes an answer (God’s kingdom, verse 22)
1) Those who want to succeed keep plotting and conspiring. However, do not fear. That is when the answers come.
2) They accused Daniel and he was faced with the threat of death.
3) At this time, Daniel opened his window and prayed in thanksgiving three times a day as he had always done before. He was not afraid of death.
3. Absolute reason – Why did God do this?
1) Da 2:1-49, He interpreted the dream of Nebuchadnezzar and made an impression on him.
2) He gave a great testimony before King Darius.
3) Da 6:25-28 King Darius praised God. “I issue a decree that in every part of my kingdom people must fear and reverence the God of Daniel. For he is the living God and He endures forever; His kingdom will not be destroyed, His dominion will never end. He rescues and He saves; He performs signs and wonders in the heavens and on the earth. He has rescued Daniel from the power of the lions.” So Daniel prospered during the reign of Darius and the reign of Cyrus the Persian.
Conclusion- We must make a resolution in the one life that we have been given!
▶As we live our lives, we must experience the power of God and testify of it. Three things always continue throughout history-
1) Idolatrous nations prosper – spiritual problems come, wars break out, and destruction ensues.
2) At this time, what appeared like disaster serves to benefit evangelism and missions.
3) God carried out His work through the 1% with the Gospel. Help me to stand as a witness for this!