En Hakkore’s Blessings (Judges 15)
En Hakkore’s Blessings
- Things we must remember:
1) Do not lose hold of worship
2) Do not lose hold of the fact that you are an evangelist
3) Live an abundance and pleased life with Jesus Christ
1. Samson’s revenge – Do not repay evil for evil (Jud. 15:1-8)
- 15:1 – Later on, at the time of wheat harvest Samson took a young goat and went to visit his wife.
- 15:2 – “I was so sure you thoroughly hated her,” he said, “that I gave her to your friend.”
- 15:3 – Samson said to them, “This time I have a right to get even with the philistines; I will really harm them.”
- 15:6 – So the Philistines went up and burned her and her father to death.
- 15:7 – “Since you’ve acted like this, I won’t stop until I get my revenge on you.”
1) Samson who was born through God’s blessings, miss-used the blessings
2) Do not repay evil for evil
(1) Mark 5:44-45
(2) Rom. 12:17-19
2. Samson, who was bound by his own tribe (Jud. 15:9-13)
- 15:13 – “We will only tie you up and hand you over to them. We will not kill you.” So they bound him with two new ropes and led him up from the rock.
3. The blessing of En Hakkore (Jud. 15:14-20)
- 15:14 – The Spirit of the LORD came upon him in power. The ropes on his arms became like charred flax, and the bindings dropped from his hands.
- 15:18 – Because he was very thirsty, he cried out to the LORD, “You have given your servant this great victory. Must I now die of thirst and fall into the hands of the uncircumcised?”
- 15:19 – Then God opened up the hollow place in Lehi, and water came out of it. When Samson drank, his strength returned and he revived. So the spring was called En Hakkore, and it is still there in Lehi.
- En Hakkore – spring for the one who cries out
- A blessed person,
1) Your value of existence must be inside of God’s commission for the gospel
2) Do not forget God’s grace
3) We must live by the gospel, as a man of gospel, with the gospel, for the gospel